Have you ever taken the time to check out a site called SPOKEO? A while back I did and I was shocked to find out the information they had listed about me, my husband and my children. Not only does Spokeo list your name and contact information, it also lists how much you make xer year, your social profiles, a map of your house location, and MORE!
I share a lot on social media, but I am careful NEVER to share a few things to retain my personal safety and the saftety of my family.
Five Things I Don’t SHARE:
1. Accurate Birthday Information for me or anyone in the family.
Aside from the obvious reasons, “A woman who will tell her age will tell anything!” – Mary Kay Ash
2. Accurate Anniversary Information. This is another one that is sometimes used in security questions.
3. Social Security Number For Anyone in My Family. This is obvious, and it really hits home for our family as my daughter’s social security number was stolen when she was little.
4. Where I Am in Real Time. I don’t often “check in” to places because, I am very aware that rape, muggings, and abductions happen. No one needs to know where I am except the people I am with and my family.
5. When I Am Going Away. I have actually broken my own rule on this a few times, but it is a known fact that often burglaries happen when people are KNOWN to be gone. We do our best to not share when were are leaving or when we are coming home except for with the people who are watching our house while we are gone.